Friday, June 13, 2008

Yeah! Chapel Hill!!

Hi Everyone,

Total trip milegae is 4553. Thursday's mileage was about 260.

Well, I made it to Allan and Barb's house by about 2:30 in the afternoon, yesterday. After having a cool drink, Allan and I unloaded the bike and I once again climbed on board and followed Allan to Triangle Cycles to drop her off for new shoes, binders and fluids.

Allan and I then went to a local coffee shop where we ran into one of Allan's neighbor's. We sat and chatted for awhile and then headed back to the house so I could clean up and change into shorts.

It is real hot here with high temps, high humidity and massive amounts of smoke in the air from a wildfire some 100 miles to the east.

After awhile, Barb got home from work and we went out for Mexican food, came back to the house, waited awhile then headed off to the airport to pickup Karen. Her flight was on time and it was great to be reunited with her. We grabbed some food for her at a local watering hole then went home to bed as it had been a long day for both of us.

Today, Friday the 13th, is laundry day as well as starting to sort through all of our stuff and deciding what to bring along for the return trip and what stuff to ship home. Also, once I get the bike back, I have a couple of minor repairs to make plus clean her up for the next part of the adventure.

No pics today as it was pretty much a straight shot on I-40 all day. The good news is, it was dry and warm, whoo hoo!

Take care,
Dave

1 comment:

Sandee said...

Hi Dave and Karen. Glad you made it there safe sis. Hope you both enjoy the time with Allan and Barb. Say hi to them for me. Can't wait to see some pictures! It's hot here too, 103 or something - but it is a "dry" heat. As long as I've lived here, I'm still not sure what that means :) Love you guys! Sandee