Saturday, June 7, 2008

June 7 - AM

Hi everyone,

I want to thank all of you for the comments you've been posting on the blog. It helps me to know that people are reading my posts and are interested in what I am seeing and doing. Keep the comments coming!

Heaven! There is a Starbucks 2 blocks away and I just arrived back in my room with a Venti Americano. Oh, I feel complete now!

It is 8:00AM, the skies are clear, high humidity and once again, very windy already. I am going to pack up and hit the road. Today's ride will be under 300 miles to get me just inside the Arkansas state line.

I just met 2 guys on Goldwings who are on a 'round the country ride with a route similar to mine except in the other direction. They are from Pennslyvania and are headed to Seattle before turning around to head home on the northerly route.

I'll post my ride report tonight, if I have internet access.

Take care,

Dave

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dave!
Got your email this morning when I got home from St. Louis. I'm sad I missed you in CO. Come back this way on your way home. You got me hooked on reading your blog, I'll keep reading everyday to live the adventure vicariously. Have a great ride and Happy Trails!

biff said...

Happy Weekend Dave !!
We're cleaning out our garage! I think what you're doing sounds a little more interesting.
Here's a news flash Ana Ivanovic just beat Dinara Safina in the Women's French Open Tennis Final! I'll keep you posted on the other big sporting event of the weekend, and that's if Big Brown becomes the first horse in 30 odd years to win the Triple Crown, after the running at Belmont.
Well Arkansas tonight, weather in the middle of the country, my Dad used to say "if you don't like it stick around, it'll change." Hope it isn't to hot, or humid.
Here's the big question I'm sure everyone is wondering, how were the gas prices in Texas?
The pictures are great,
biff

Anonymous said...

Hey Daddy Cat,
Glad you are having a good safe time. The weather here is typical June - so you are not missing much. Lucy and I miss you. The Momma cat doesn't snuggle the same as you do AND she now has Marli trained to sleep in the bed. You'll have to do something about that when you get home.
Stay safe!
Love,
Bella & Lucy
P.S. Don't believe a word they say, I don't sleep in the bed...atleast the entire night :-) Love, Marli

Anonymous said...

Howdy Dave: Tex Steere here. You're not missing much, weather wise, back in Seattle. You're definitely on a super adventure, and I really enjoy your blogs. Keep it up, & don't let those straight drones zone on you. Be alert, we need more lerts! I'll be checking your blog frequently. Ride safe......