Sunday, June 1, 2008

Day 1 of my 'round the country trip

I started just before 6:00 AM this morning in dry and cool weather. The ride to Mountain Home, ID was uneventful and long at 550 miles. I did ride over numerous mountain passes and crossed the 45th Parallel where it crosses the Powder River in Oregon.

I arrived in Mountain Home at about 5:00PM (local Mountain time) in the rain. There were severe thunder storms in the nearby mountians but I just got drizzled on. I quickly found a room for the night, unpacked the bike and had dinner.

Tomorrow is another long riding day as I will be riding another 550 miles to Panguitch, UT. This is a small town somewhat close to Bryce Canyon. No pictures today but after tomorrow, I should have a bunch to share.

Dave

3 comments:

biff said...

Hi Dave,
Looks like a great trip! 550 the first day,wow!
Don't forget to stop and smell the ....roses,,,Southern Utah should be beautiful, can't wait to see the pics,
safe travels,
the dawes family

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you made it safely to your first destination. I spent the afternoon with Mom and Fin and had a great time teaching Fin how to eat with a spoon.

Love you!

Be safe!

Shannon

Anonymous said...

insanely cool.