Monday, June 23, 2008

Over the falls!


Total trip mileage is 6500.


We hit a major milestone yesterday when we arrived in Niagara Falls at about 7:00pm last night.


I don't have time to write a full recap of yesterday's ride because I have signed up for an excursion where I can do a barrel ride over the falls. It starts in an hour so I have to get ready. Basically, you take a boat ride to near the edge of the falls and get in a large heavy duty plastic barrel and they send you over the Horseshoe Falls. There's another boat that picks you up downstream. Karen was against this but I convinced her it was very safe because I am strapped into the barrel and also have an oxygen tank to breath with. The prep takes longer than the fall in the water but it is still a couple hundred feet to fall. They will be taking a video of me going over the falls and if I can post it here, I will. Gotta go and get my rubber suit on. More later.


Dave

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dude, you are crazy!!! I'm looking forward to the post-falls post. Nick

Anonymous said...

Dad - You're a mad-man!

biff said...

SWEEET!!!!!!