Monday, May 19, 2008

Departure date is set

I will be leaving Bellevue on Sunday June 1st with my first destination being Mountain Home, ID for my first night out. This day's travel will be pretty boring because it will be all freeway travel with the goal of getting to Utah as quickly as possible.

Hopefully, the weather will cooperate for my first day on the road.

My plan is to take up to 12 days to get to Chapel Hill, NC. I don't know if that is too long, too short or just right. According to the route that I have mapped out and if I stick to it, I will be riding just over 4,000 miles to my destination.

I do plan on spending a couple of days in Utah riding around the big parks like Arches, Moab, etc. then onto Colorado, New Mexico and other southeasterly points.

Stay tuned for more posts and pictures as the ride progresses.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck Dave. Take lots of pictures.

Jake said...

Nice job on the blog site. Like the map. Have a terrific trip.

Sandee said...

Can't wait to see pictures and hear about your adventures! Have a super fantastic time. Take care of yourself and Karen and don't forget about your sister in law in Tucson :)
Sending tons of love,
Sandee

Allan's Blog said...

Good luck - have a great time.. Keep us posted. Looking forward to seeing you at the end (or is it half-way?).
allan

Neil-in-Arizona said...

Dave, the most spectacular scenery will be in the Arches, Canyonlands and Monument Valley area. Take care and stay hydrated. Hope that you can somehow work in the Blueridge Parkway, even if you don't do it all. It's worth it!

Neil